We’re looking for a Marketing Intern to join our lead generation team. You’ll work on various projects to support the go-to-market teams (marketing, sales, and customer support) while gaining real world experience in a high-speed, high-growth company. This internship will focus on a diverse set of projects including: campaign development, testing and optimization, sales enablement, vendor management, and content creation. You’ll will play a key role across these programs, contributing to the strategy, ideation, execution, QA, and measurement of each.
LeanKit is part of an emerging market which means we’re constantly trying to find the message(s) and campaigns that resonate with our target market. You’ll be on the forefront of developing and testing those messages and campaigns.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a lot of other marketing focuses including operations, design, development, and content creators as a key member of LeanKit’s acquisition team. We’re looking for someone who is interested in learning and excelling at all components of marketing lead generation. This means your day will be a diverse variation of market research, writing, editing, strategic campaign building, and measurement. We need someone who is self-motivated, highly adaptable, enjoys helping people, and can think well on their feet. Someone that can also thrive in a constantly changing environment where experimentation is the norm.
LeanKit’s core values are respect for people, continuous improvement, and a relentless focus on delivery. As a marketing intern, you’ll be able to bring these core values into every marketing campaign you help create!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Industry research into target markets to include gathering market data, competitive landscape, industry disruption
- Company research to include gathering company info, key department info, active Lean initiatives
- Craft, revise, and edit marketing copy for industry or business specific campaigns
- Develop and grow market expertise to target promotions effectively
- Ideate how to optimize and test industry or business specific campaigns
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A self-starter who can work autonomously, make sound independent decisions, while being able to efficiently manage time and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Major or Minor in Marketing, Advertising, Psychology or Economics
- Understanding of Business to Business marketing
- Previous experience working with marketing platforms a plus (ex. Salesforce, Marketing automation, Wordpress)
- Values quality of workmanship; strong attention to detail, strives for excellence.
- Demonstrated success working in team environments
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Passion for marketing, hunger to learn, drive to succeed
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program
We are ideally looking for a candidate in the Middle Tennessee area, who is available mid-June to the end of September .
We are that rare company you’ve been seeking: an early stage software company with genuine sales, growth, funding, and disruptive products. Dedicated to busting the myth that people are the reason projects fail, our founders created visual management and forecasting software designed to optimize individual and team effectiveness. Our customers are around the globe with tens of thousands of users, including some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
Located in Franklin, TN (Nashville), we’re busy, but we all have lives and we’re not a burnout shop. We’ve got a great place to work – a historic building in a charming historic district with plenty of parking, great restaurants, coffee shops, art galleries, and music venues within walking distance. Oh, and we’ve got Nerf guns, a dartboard, Lego bricks, snacks, standing desks, and a TARDIS (For all of you Dr. Who fans).